Next Club meeting is Sunday 6 September, 2pm Lyle Albert Dodds Park, German Street. (under the mango trees)
- Club membership continues to grow, currently 148 paid up members.
- Over $700 has been donated through Trail Karma and Containers for Change is becoming another income stream (Scheme ID C10268890)
- Trail maintenance is always on the agenda at Club meetings.
- Rock armour has been purchased to upgrade erosion hotspots.
- Short cutting of trails is becoming a serious problem, leads to erosion.
- Regular working bees have been well supported.
- Club is hoping to add a ”report a trail'” function to its web page to help target trail maintenance efforts.
- Timing equipment suitable for XC and Gravity Enduro events.
- Shipping Container to store track maintenance equipment.
- Power assisted wheel-barrow.
Regular Tuesday evening social rides posted on Rocky MTB Facebook page.
Tonight’s location Seeonne Park 6:15 -8:00pm meet at front gate. $2/rider.
Cross Country event this Saturday afternoon 15 August at Seeonee Park. Race start time 3pm. Online entries only.
Curtis Island Social ride hosted by Gladstone MTB Club Sunday 23 August. Departs Curtis Island Ferry Terminal 8am return trip departs 3:30pm. Ferry $40 return. BYO food and water.
2020 Multitrade Building Hire Gladstone 6 Hour Mountain Bike Race. Sign up solo or in a team of 2 or 3. Race start 2pm. A three hour option is also available. Sunday 29 August Gladstone MTB Park Koowin Drive, Kirkwood.
Thank you for your support
Tireless in his efforts to keep us on topic, Mark is our fearless Club Secretary. A legend among men, he’s pretty handy on a bike too.