- This event has passed.
2017 Central Qld XC Series Rd 4
August 20, 2017
Event: 2017 Central Queensland XC Series Rd 4
Date: Sunday 20 August 2017
Race start time: 8.00 am
Where: First Turkey MTB Park
Race number allocation: 7.00am – 7.45am
Riders Briefing: 7.50am
Online Entry Cost: $25 Snr (Elite, Masters, Sport, Super Masters, Female Elite and Sport, Novice), $10 all Juniors. Online entries only – on the day not available.
MTBA competition licence required or Day Licence available for additional $30 (purchase online during your entry) for non MTBA members ages 19+, $18 for non members <19 years; $18 for a MTBA recreation member upgrade.
Close of Online Entries: 8.00pm Saturday 19th August 2017
Course: The 2017 Central Queensland XC Series Rd 4 race will be run in a CLOCKWISE direction.
Mens Elite, Ladies Elite and Sport, will ride up Wild Pig, across to Turkeys Nest then down Jack Hammer and back to the start/finish to complete a lap.
Masters, Super Masters and Ladies Sport will ride up Finley’s up to Turkey Nest then down Jack Hammer.
Novice and Juniors will race on a shorter easier Novice track, up Finlays to Enzos link, then down the lower portion of Scrub Turkey, and return via Horseshoe.
Course may be subject to change at Event Directors discretion.
– Elite – 3 laps x about 10.5 km, about 32 km total
– Masters (40 yrs as of 31 Dec 17) – 2 laps x about 8 km, about 16 km total
– Sport – 2 laps x about 10.5 km, about 21 km total
– Super Masters (50 yrs as of 31st Dec 17) 2 laps x about 8km, about 16km total
– Ladies Elite– 2 laps x about 10.5 km, about 21 km total
– Novice – 3 laps x 4.5 km, about 14 km total (easier course)
– Ladies Sport – 2 laps x 8 km, about 16km total
– Junior U19 (Ages 15 to 18 as of 31 Dec 17) – 3 laps x 4.5 km about 14 km (easier course).
– Junior U15 (Ages 12 to 14 as of 31 Dec 17) – 2 laps x 4.5km, about 9km total (easier course)
– Junior U12 (Ages 9 to 11 as of 31 Dec 17) – 2 laps x 4.5km, about 9km total (easier course)
Sausage sizzle and drinks available for purchase on the day.
Awards and Series Points: Series points for the 2017 Central Queensland XC Series Rd 4 will be awarded for all individual places, and club points will also be awarded. Series winners will be decided from the best 4 placings across 5 rounds. Rocky MTB or Gladstone MTB Club members who chose to work a round will receive average points for that round (limited to one round only).
Check Rocky MTB Facebook page for race cancellations (only likely in the event of heavy overnight rain). It is a requirement that you remove your own rubbish from the site. No camping permitted for this event.
Please support our major sponsor for this event – Bikes on High